2.22.2013

Silver Dew Review

Silver Dew by Suzi Davis

Goodreads | Amazon
Just weeks before graduating from high school, Grace is running for her life with her magical and mysterious boyfriend, Sebastian, by her side. An ancient magic has been awakened inside of Grace that is powerful, frightening and barely within her control. The Others, who possess their own dangerous magic, are hunting them, and their only hope is for Grace to learn how to harness her incredible powers to stop them. The answers they seek are hidden within a life lived thousands of years ago, shrouded in mystery, magic and deceit. When their past catches up to them, Grace and Sebastian are faced with a truth that shakes the foundation of their relationship, their lives and everything they thought they knew. It is up to Grace to learn to control the Lost Magic, to right the wrongs that have been done, and to discover once and for all, who she really is.

  “Because I’m in love with you.”
“There is no ‘but’, no hesitation. I am sure of what I want.”
“I love you more than life, more than death, more than love itself.”
 
Anna's Review:
I was so excited to start Silver Dew. It is the second novel in the Lost Magic series by Davis. I have to say I really enjoyed the first book but I think that this one is better. I say that because this one kind of explains more about the story but Davis adds a little more mystery to tease the reader with. Silver Dew also has more action in it and it shows how much stronger Gracelynn has grown as mind and body.
This novel begins with Sebastian trying to teach Gracelynn how to control her newfound powers. Unfortunately, with these new powers and new identities, it seems that Sebastian is finding himself torn between what is the present and what is the past. He keeps thinking Gracelynn is Caoilinn, his first love, from long ago.
Another problem they have is with The Others, who I must say really get on my nerves. They are way too arrogant. I would hate to have them following me because they can also get what they want. Sebastian and Gracelynn are currently on the run so The Others can just want to make it harder on them and then it will be hard for them. In this novel, you find out just where The Others came from, which is very interesting, but I can’t give it away.
What I really love about Book 2 is that you actually get to look into Caoilinn and Sebastian’s relationship, which is the very beginning of their intertwined lives. Something that I don’t like about this novel is named Mags. I really do not like this character especially when I found who she is.
Unfortunately for all their running, The Order (Others) catches up with Sebastian and Gracelynn. This situation actually shows the reader just how fierce Gracelynn is. It’s pretty awesome, I love it! Gracelynn finds herself trying to figure out how to save herself and Sebastian, but what she thinks is the best way will surely surprise you J
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the series itself. I am quite hooked and I can’t wait to read the third book. I definitely recommend this book to everyone.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment